The SOF tourniquet is a tiny, lightweight tourniquet that can be self-applied by one hand. Its windlass system provides true circumferential pressure to an extremity to control blood flow in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage. It has become to be the first and essential tourniquet choice for many medical operational groups and is highly recommended by trauma medics. Also, It was proven to be 100% effective by the US Army Institute of surgical research and was noted in the February 2008 edition of the journal of trauma as the best pre-hospital tourniquet.
1.Essential and Cost-Effective: proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in upper & lower extremities
2.Easy to Carry: small and lightweight, put it in your pocket, IFAK bag and First Aid Kit easily
3.Perfect Design: reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a record area to write down the time of application
4. Safe Material: made of nylon and cellulose break-resistant stick with CE and FDA certified
5. Widely Used: It can be used in military, medical aid, artery bleeding, etc. Applicable to arms, thighs and so on, flexible, universal fit, can be used again after disinfection.
- Apply tourniquet proximal to the bleeding site and place the wounded limb through the band loop.
- Pull the band very tight and fasten it back on itself.
- Adhere to the band around the limb.
- Twist the rod until bright red bleeding stops.
- Place the rod inside the clip and lock.
- Check bleeding condition, apply additional tightening next to the tourniquet and reassess if massive bleeding continues.
- Adhere band over the rod inside the clip around the limb.
- Secure the rod and band with the strap, transport reassesses, record applied time on the white strap if possible.
This product is intended for qualified trained professionals in the application of a tourniquet. It is not intended for the general public. Use only as directed by your EMS authority or under the supervision of a physician. Read entire instructions before using this product.